Norman Grandparent Rights Attorneys

Oklahoma Grandparent Visitation Lawyers

Are you a grandparent whose grandchild has been abused or neglected by his or her parents?

Are you ready to actively seek custody of a grandchild or pursue reasonable access to this child under Oklahoma laws?

An experienced family law attorney can help — that is, a proven professional sensitive to your needs and adept at navigating the legal system effectively. Wewoka and Norman grandparents' rights lawyers at Nichols Dixon bring many years of experience, proven skills and dedication to responsive personal service to a full range of complex family law issues.

Caring Counsel And Practical Legal Action To Achieve Your Goals

A lawyer at this firm will listen carefully as you explain your goals and describe your emotional bond with your grandchild so we can offer sound counsel and a strategy directed toward:

  • Establishing a visitation plan that enables you to see your grandchild and play an active part in his or her life
  • Pursuing legal adoption of a grandchild
  • Establishing a guardianship that will allow you to make important decisions and act legally on a grandchild's behalf — typically when biological parents cannot or will not handle these responsibilities

Offices In Norman And Wewoka: Grandparents' Rights Attorneys Who Will Empathize With Your Important Concerns

A child suffers when parents engage in physical or verbal abuse, suffer from drug or alcohol addiction or otherwise fail to fulfill their responsibilities. In some cases, a protective order is not sufficient to ensure a child's safety and grandparents must step in. In others, grandparents are compelled to stand in or take over for parents stationed overseas in the military.

Attorneys at this firm are committed to helping children get the best care and attention possible — and to helping grandparents care for them when that is best. This dedication includes providing honest answers and practical projections about each client's chances for success through legal action.

You can benefit from a consultation with a skilled lawyer focused on your specific needs and goals as a grandparent. The phone number to call is 405-217-4118.