Take the first step toward resolving your legal challenge.
Nichols Law Firm
Taking The Practice Of Law To The Next Level

Drunk driving might signal a problem with alcohol

If you are arrested for drunk driving, there is a chance that the arrest could be the final straw that makes you think about whether you need help for your drinking. There is a chance that you might be able to get the help you need as part of a diversion program through the court system if your problem is a dependency or addiction to alcohol. There are several signs that point to a problem with alcohol.

One sign of a problem with alcohol is drinking to relax and to feel better. This might not be an issue if you do this only occasionally; however, if you find yourself doing this more often than not, it is a sign that you are using alcohol to numb your emotions.

Hiding the fact that you are drinking, blacking out on a regular basis and being unable to stop drinking are all signs that you have a problem. The same is true if you aren't handling your responsibilities or drinking when you should be sober. For example, if you drink before work or drink knowing that you will have to drive.

You might also have a problem with alcohol if you have tried to stop drinking but suffered from withdrawal or found it difficult to stop drinking. Some of the symptoms of withdrawal include depression, fatigue, anxiety, nausea and irritability.

If you have any of these signs, whether you have been arrested for DUI or not, you should consider getting help for the problem. Having these signs and facing DUI charges might mean that you need to seek the help that is available in a diversion program. Exploring that option before you go to trial or entering into a plea deal might be worth your time.

Source: Recovery Ranch, "Are You an Alcoholic? 10 Warning Signs of Addiction," accessed Oct. 04, 2016

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
The National | Top 40 Under 40 | Trial Lawyers
Take The First Step

Take The First Step Toward
Resolving Your Legal Challenge To discuss your case with us, call 405-217-4118 or contact us by email.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy